Last revised on: october 04, 2022
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
• Personal Information you provide to us;
• Automatically-collected data; and
• Information we get from third parties.
1.1 Personal Information You Provide To Us. When you interact with our Site or mobile app, we collect Personal Information that you choose to share with us. For example, when you set up an account with us, we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, a unique username you would like to go by, a phone number, your email address, and your date of birth. We may also collect other information such as a copy of your government-issued identification and your Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for verification purposes. When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer, in addition to your name and email address.
1.2 Automatically-Collected Data. When you visit our Site or use our Services, we collect information about which of the Services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. Examples of this information include:
• Usage information on our Site or mobile app (e.g., pages you visit on the Site, webpage from which you linked to our Site);
• Time and date of your activities;
• Location from which you browsed the Site;
• Device ID;
• Your IP address;
• The kind of browser and computer you use;
• Name of your internet service provider; and
• Operating system version.
1.3 Information We Get From Third Parties. We may collect Personal Information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties, as permitted by law. For example, we may collect information from third-party verification services, credit bureaus, financial institutions, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources to verify your identity. We may also collect information about you from third parties in connection with any identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law.
2.1 Personal Information
2.1.1 To provide the Services: Modak may use your Personal Information to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
• Manage individual information and accounts;
• Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
• Process payment for products or Services purchased;
• Process applications and transactions;
• Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
• Allow you to register for events.
2.1.2 For internal business purposes: Modak may use Personal Information for its internal business purposes, including to:
• Measure interest in Modak’s Services;
• Develop new products and Services or improve existing products and Services;
• Ensure internal quality control;
• Communicate about individual accounts and activities on Modak’s Services and systems, and, in Modak’s discretion, changes to any Modak policy;
• Comply with regulatory requirements;
• Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
• Protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the Company’s rights or property;
• Comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations or court orders; and
• For any other purpose for which you have given express permission or consent to Modak.
2.1.3 For marketing purposes: Modak may analyze and use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Modak may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
• To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
• To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
• To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
• For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and
• Otherwise with your consent.
We may share Personal Information about you in the following ways:
• To verify your identity. For example, we may share information about you with credit reporting agencies to verify your Social Security number.
• With vendors and service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and Services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; (v) fraud prevention; (vi) analytics services; and (vii) in connection with the provision of the Services. These service providers have contracted with us to only use the Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which the data were originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed.
• With our business partners, affiliates, and for our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also share Personal Information with business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
• With third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
• comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
• investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
• protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
• detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
In the event of a transaction or proposed transaction involving the transfer of substantially all of the assets of Modak or one or more of its businesses to another entity, whether an affiliate or a third party, or in connection with a bankruptcy, we may share your Personal Information in the diligence process or to otherwise facilitate the transaction, and with individuals assisting in the transaction or in connection with a bankruptcy. Your Personal Information may also be one of the transferred assets as part of the transaction or bankruptcy.
We may also use analytics tools such as Google Analytics to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Site, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Site by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) that help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We may tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ Personal Information. We may use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
We will retain your information for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our products and Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Our Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Services. These websites are operated by third parties not controlled by us, and by linking to them or being linked from them Modak does not endorse, approve or make any representations about Third-Party websites or domains. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each and every website and domain that you interact with. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or domains and you visit them at your own risk.
Our Services may contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible social media platform, blog, or chat room, or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We have no control over such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, forums or otherwise online and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
We take commercially-reasonable steps to protect the data you have given us from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. However, please be aware that no transmission of Personal Information over the Internet or the electronic storage of this information can be absolutely guaranteed to be free from unauthorized use or access. Before submitting any Personal Information via the Site or Services, please keep in mind these risks and know that you do so at your own risk.
10.2. Sharing Preferences. We may give you choices regarding the sharing of your information with affiliates and third parties. Choices you have about the sharing of your information will be described in the privacy policies or notices you receive in connection with the products or Services you obtain from us.
11.1 Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information, as defined under COPPA, directly from children under 13 years of age. If a primary account holder adds an individual to their account under the age of 13 as an authorized user, the primary account holder (parent or legal guardian) will provide the information to Modak that is necessary to add the individual as an authorized user. After adding the individual as an authorized user to the primary account, Modak will only collect and use personal information related to the authorized user for the purpose of providing Modak services, and any such information will not be shared with third parties for any purpose not required or permitted by law.
If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.2 Your California Privacy Rights.
11.2.1 “Shine the Light” Law. California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. Modak does not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.